Human Resources Expert
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that cares, grows, and wins together. A team that is inclusive, makes connections, brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You provide partnership and commitment to all leaders and team members in maximizing the potential of the stores sales force to grow the business and enable a selling culture.
All About Human Resources
You are a team that champions change, proactively removes roadblocks and builds diverse and inclusive talent strategies to deliver on our guest centric mission. You are part of a HR team who are committed to supporting teams and leaders to build a sales force that is passionate about exceeding guests’ expectations and a place where teams love to work.
The role of a Human Resources Expert can provide you with the
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment law
- Experience using basic Office Suite computer and workforce management programs
- Knowledge of industry leading people and scheduling software
As a Human Resources Expert, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting all guests
- Observe to quickly understand whether a guest needs assistance or wants to interact. Follow body language and verbal clues to tailor your approach
- Engage with guests in a genuine way, which includes asking questions to better understand their specific needs
- Be knowledgeable about the tools, products, and services available in the total store, and specific to your area, to solve issues for the guest and improve their experience
- Thank the guest in a genuine way and let them know we’re happy they chose to shop at Target
- Know the store sales goals and trends with the guest and team that are impacting and driving business results
- Work with your HR leader to anticipate and address specific talent and staffing needs for each area of the business; this includes understanding guests’ needs and ensuring the right mix of experience, selling capabilities and product enthusiasm to deliver the right experience
- Execute intentional recruiting efforts to help store leaders find and hire talent with the right skills and experiences to best serve their guest
- Support the training needs of your store's sales force and be an advocate for continuous learning
- Be an expert resource for scheduling systems and pay practices
- Act as an open door by listening to team members and collaborating with appropriate leaders to take action as needed
- Deliver on all Human Resources operational and cyclical programs
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- All other duties based on business needs
What We Are Looking For
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (yes, even on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Human Resources Expert.
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.