Human Resources Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Do you see yourself as a Human Resources Coordinator? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Revel in modern design paired with unrivaled hospitality in the heart of the Texas Medical Center at the InterContinental Houston - Medical Center. Adjacent to the world’s largest medical center, our hotel provides easy access to the city's top attractions with METRORail, which is within walking distance of the property. Discover Houston's fine dining, renowned international arts, and famous Museum District. Stay with Confidence in the world's first hotel with the IVP Air Filtration System.
For over 75 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Perform human resources and administrative duties in support of the hotel’s Human Resources programs and philosophies. Provide basic employee assistance, often serving as initial point of contact for human resources-related matters.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and assist in planning for the purchasing of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient office.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Hotel Management/Staff, Corporate Human Resources, and Corporate Legal and HR Shared Services/Hire to Retire.
- Assist with the recruitment process which may include screening, routing, tracking, and filing of resumes and applications, scheduling interviews, processing background, employment verification and reference checks, writing and mailing correspondences to candidates, solicited resumes and/or applicants, maintain internal and external job posting sites, place advertisements, and enter applications, resumes, and hire information into system(s).
- Organize and expedite flow of work; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar and complete and submit expense reports; coordinate telephone/conference calls and incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. Maintain an organized, clean, and professional work area.
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- May maintain and update employee records and files (including personnel forms and files, Leave of Absence forms and files, Worker’s Compensation files, updating the OSHA 300 logs, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact for employees for routine inquiries regarding employment, policies, procedures, and payroll and/or benefits issues. Follow-up as needed to ensure resolution. Escalate serious matters to supervisor as needed.
- Coordinate the preparation of employee orientation, training sessions, and employee morale programs or events. May participate in presenting new employee orientation materials. Meet with new employees to review new hire paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and/or presentations which may include:
- Gathering and summarizing information from various sources
- Analysis and summary of data
- Creating spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics
- Entering, retrieving and/or manipulating data within software programs or databases
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Qualifications & Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years experience in Human Resources, Administrative Support, or Hotel Operations. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Standing and moving around the facility
- Handling objects
- Use a keyboard to generate various work-related documents
- Strong customer service and communication skills required with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages and variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Parking is FREE as well as a complimentary meal per each shift worked. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Your application has been successfully submitted.