Manager, Compensation and Benefits
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry. For more information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Compensation and Benefits Manager will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the organization's payroll functions and 401(k) program to ensure accuracy, timely processing and compliance with government regulations.
401(k) Management Responsibilities:
- Administer the day-to-day aspect of the retirement plan to ensure compliance per plan documents, ERISA and IRS guidance.
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning 401(k).
- Initiates changes/ updates/ modification to retirement plan administration policies and practices.
- Prepare annual participant census and performs year-end compliance testing
- Regularly review and evaluate third-party administrators, plan sponsors and advisors for optimal performance, and manage the RFP process as needed.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company and the retirement plans.
- Manages 401(k) training and communications for employees
Payroll Management Responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Reviews payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates. Regularly audits records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Establish or maintain procedures to reduce payroll discrepancies, ensure accurate and timely process.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Ensure accuracy with payroll taxes, process liability payments, taxes, and tax notices timely and accurately.
- Resolve escalated issues with payroll.
- Manage vendor relationships as it pertains to payroll.
- Provide employee coaching and performance reviews for subordinates.
- Minimum of 5 years multi-state, high volume payroll and payroll tax experience utilizing an automated payroll system; ADP experience preferred and international payroll experience is a plus. Minimum of 5 years managing a 401(k) plan, 3 years management experience preferred.
- Global payroll expertise preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field of study.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 401(k) fiduciary responsibilities as well as payroll/tax concepts and principles.
- Strong knowledge of EIRSA, IRS and DOL rules & regulations. Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws.
- Experience with completion of government required forms and experience working on 5500 plan audits.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, internal departments and external agencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.