Specialist, Talent & DEI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Your day to day
This position serves as an exciting window into the world of talent and leadership development, employee engagement, culture and diversity, equity and inclusion! If you’re interested in growing your career in HR and are hungry for a fast-paced challenge that touches the heart of the organization – this team is the place to be.
You will be responsible for project management, internal communications, analytics, results tracking and reporting along with supporting program design and implementation across our strategic talent and culture agenda for the global client groups we serve.
This team member is critical to the high-performance functioning of our Talent and D&I Team, and in building strong partnerships with our HR community, regional and global Centers of Excellence and business leaders.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain meeting agendas and project tracking for all team activities/ priorities within department, including status updates, issues/ risks and interdependencies. Generally, keeping us on track!
- Co-create engagement and communications in partnership with our team members, HR business and internal communications partners.
- Design and manage key activities and/or project components within larger initiatives, including written communications across various channels and group presentations.
- Manage stakeholder engagement plans to ensure cohesive and well-coordinated touch points.
- Generate reports from our human capital management system, and format and analyze data within Excel or PowerPoint to provide needed information/ insights for presentations.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
One or more years’ experience in HR and/or demonstrated experience in successfully owning or managing medium to large scale projects or initiatives.
Preferred Technical Skills And Knowledge –
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, or requirements for assigned specialization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in client support, customer relations or human resources.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated understanding of project management tracking systems, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, and HR staff.
- Experience with creative development of presentations within PowerPoint is a huge PLUS!
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.