This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
US0051 Sysco Central Pennsylvania, LLC
Minimum Level Of Education
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years Of Experience
This Human Resource (HR) role is responsible for assisting in the daily operations and activities of the HR Department providing administrative support to successfully implement local initiatives, and execute regional and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain and engage talent throughout the Operating company (OpCo) to deliver business goals.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execution of transactional core Human Resource (HR) processes (e.g. coordinate and conduct new associate orientation, unemployment claims processes, onboarding and exit interviews, transitional return to work, leave administration, OSHA reporting, etc.).
- Support hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to support recruitment and staffing plans.
- Aid Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to drive an inclusive and diverse culture.
- Administer programs to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction levels.
- Provides technical, customer relations, and general support for major initiatives and projects.
- Back, maintain and track compliance programs.
- Create and/or distribute communications (memos, emails, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.).
- Track data and/or consolidate responses as requested and follow-up with others as needed to obtain information and identify insights.
- Administrative support for meetings, conference calls, video- conference calls, webinars/e-meetings, new hire orientation, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- College degree or Certificate in Human Resources preferred.
- 2-3 years of Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize your work activities.
- Analyze and disseminate numerical data.
- Manage work time efficiently.
- Follow procedures and policies.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Identify and solve problems.
- Maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar, and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and be able to read and interpret policies, procedures, and laws.
- Ability to conduct training programs and make group presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Solid organization skills.
- Able to handle several tasks at the same time, with numerous interruptions, and must be able to keep the information confidential.
- Proficient in the use of PC including Windows, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Capable of working independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May sit in front of a switchboard console for long periods or remain at a work station for extended periods or until relieved by a supervisor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is the front desk office setting.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Affirmative Action Statement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.