Human Resources Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Role: HR Coordinator
Location: Bellingham, WA
Employment type: Full-time/hourly
Professional Level: Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $42K-$51K ($20.20 - $24.50)
About the Operations Team:
The Operations team is all about keeping the Non-GMO Project plane flying. From recruiting to internal policy, finance to facility management, everything we do comes from the belief that the wellbeing of our people matters, the integrity of our systems is critical, and the health and vibrancy of our workplace culture is paramount. We are number crunchers, strategic organizers, team builders, human resource facilitators, talent seekers, question askers, party planners, and information analysts. If you’re interested in working with a team of service-minded individuals who can juggle competing priorities, spearhead process improvements and facilitate fluid, behind-the-scenes staff support, then the Operations team is for you.
About the Non-GMO Project
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization offering rigorous product verification and trustworthy education that empowers people to care for themselves, the planet, and future generations. We believe in the power of our individual and collective choices, and we care not only about what we are doing, but also who we are being and becoming through our everyday actions. From the food choices, we make to how we treat each other, together we are shaping the world we live in. We endeavor to be open-hearted collaborators, creatively and intentionally acting in service of the greater good.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Non-GMO Project embraces the pursuit of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work as critical to our mission. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, national origin, color, gender (including gender identity), sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, family, marital or parental status, religious affiliation, creed, the presence of any physical, mental or sensory impairment, immigrant status, age, personal appearance, veteran status or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We collectively uphold this commitment.
What You’ll Do
In this position, you will be responsible for facilitating and maintaining Human Resource systems, including contributing to the employee experience and organizational culture by providing support in day-to-day people operations activities as a member of the HR team. The ideal candidate enjoys making people feel welcome and supported, has strong data and administrative skills, is a diplomatic problem solver and has a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities and deadlines. This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about our mission and want to make a significant contribution to the way we shape and maintain our staff support systems and work culture.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate our behavioral values in action, representing our culture on behalf of the HR/Ops team.
- Coordinate full-cycle recruitment process, orientation, and onboarding of new staff.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process. Track the status of candidates in ATS (applicant tracking system) and respond with follow-up emails at the end of the recruiting process.
- Assist in the delivery of our total rewards and talent development programs.
- Coordinate and deliver administrative support for the HR Manager and general HR/Ops functions, including but not limited to scheduling, updating records, and coordinating staff engagement logistics.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Play an active role in furthering Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (JEDI) initiatives.
- Support end-to-end employee life cycle process including the offboarding processes.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws.
- Assist in maintaining internal learning and development programs.
- Provide general operations support as needed.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- Able to work on-site in Bellingham, WA at least 2 days a week.
- Experienced in or excited to play an active role in shaping a learning culture.
- Aligned with Non-GMO Projects mission and values, and committed to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as a guiding HR principle.
- Service-minded and relationship-focused.
- Committed to learning and growing in service of our mission.
- Comfortable with change management and an agile approach to day to day work and strategy
- Someone who problem-solves with diplomacy.
- Handles confidential or sensitive information with sound judgment and discretion.
- Trustworthy, reliable, organized and data-driven
- Innovative, creative, and open to trying new things
Experience You Bring
We appreciate and recognize a broad range of professional and educational experience, and we also place a lot of value on lived experience and passion for what we do.
- Understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures, or a demonstrated passion to enter this field
- Excellent organizational, administrative skills, including clear written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Smartsheets, and other organizational technology
Current Benefit Package
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (80% of employee premiums covered for HMO and PPO Plans, 100% of employee premium paid for HSA plan)
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, your birthday, 8 care days, paid vacation starting at 10 days and accruing up to 25 days a year
- $1500/year employee training & development budget
- 401k Retirement Option
- Annual Variable Pay (per person annual bonus)
- $30 Monthly Commuter/WFH benefit
- Flexible schedule and remote work arrangements
About Your Application
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should address your interest in working with the Non-GMO Project and particular skills or strengths you feel would make you a good fit for our team. We are committed to reviewing your application and hold ourselves accountable for creating an equitable process for each candidate.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific accommodation requests
Your application has been successfully submitted.