HR Coordinator, Production
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
This position is part of the Production HR team, based in LA, which designs and runs the infrastructure to deliver an outstanding work experience for our production crews on our original series and film productions. This hire will be a key player, interacting with production employees daily to address their employment questions and needs. The role supports the Production HR executives in the following ways: scheduling and coordinating training sessions. You will be expected to be highly independent and proactive in identifying and implementing positive improvements in the production employee experience, aligned with our culture.
- Provide support for production employees ensuring a great employment experience.
- Help production employees to fully understand their benefits, including medical benefits, time off entitlements, and mental health resources. Handle complex questions related to eligibility and governing state/federal laws and leaves.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our third party payroll and benefit providers to triage and resolve claims while ensuring accurate data flows are maintained on our benefit records.
- Administer commuter benefits for eligible productions and crew members.
- Coach production employees and managers through conversations about leaves of absence and other life events with empathy and professionalism, and manage leaves and required documentation when applicable.
- Partner closely with ESN stakeholders on various issues, including crew start paperwork and I-9 compliance.
- In partnership with payroll providers, handle employment verification requests in a timely manner.
- As needed, work with cross-functional partners to provide headcount reports and other information.
- Identify and implement process and workflow improvements that result in increased efficiency.
- Support the Production HR team with administrative support and various projects as needed.
- 1-3 + years of HR experience in a dynamic fast-moving entertainment company.
- Knowledge about production and the entertainment industry strongly preferred
- Proven knowledge of U.S. employment and labor laws.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and payroll providers while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team in a fast-paced environment with varied projects.
- Excellent judgment with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Compliance minded, preferably with experience researching local/state law.
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvements and continuously simplify workflows.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, Google Suite a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.