Talent Acquisition Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Phoenix is the capital city of Arizona and at the heart of one of the fastest growing economies in the United States. With 1.6 million residents, it’s the fifth largest city in the country and one of the premier destinations for business and professionals. The Human Resources Department is seeking a Talent Acquisition Supervisor (HR Officer) to grow and develop a recruiting team. The team is dedicated to supporting critical sworn and non-sworn Police and Fire selection processes for both promotional opportunities and new recruits. These departments require various levels of academic testing and skills demonstrations, as part of the hiring and promotional processes.
Key responsibilities of this position include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Lead a team of recruiters who perform a variety of recruiting functions such as creating and posting recruitments, evaluating applicants, facilitating employment testing, and selection process activities citywide.
- Promote and facilitate innovative, competitive strategies for recruiting and selecting diverse, high-quality talent.
- Establish credibility with the departments as a trusted advisor who provides expert advice as it relates to talent strategies, processes, programs and practices.
- Ensure exceptional candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Manage and leverage relationships with industry organizations, peer groups and stakeholders to maximize outreach and seek continual improvement opportunities.
- Motivate, coach, develop and engage recruiting staff and other internal customers citywide on job analysis; recruitment, advertising, and sourcing strategies; employment test development, administration, and scoring; selection methods and tools; and legal/legislative developments.
- Management of vendor services for employment testing, pre-employment and promotional opportunities.
- Facilitate the recruiting and selection processes to fill various middle management, assistant director, and other sensitive positions.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team by partnering with TA leadership and HRIS staff to identify and rollout enhancements to the newly implemented talent acquisition applicant tracking system (PeopleSoft), including running queries and testing system upgrades.
- Seeks to build relationships, work collaboratively and influence others to drive creativity, innovation, and growth.
- Keen understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the laws, regulations, principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively, present numerical data effectively, and read and interpret written information.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating information and formulating recommendations.
Up to $86,902 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days.
For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/007.pdf
Pension Information: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Pension%20Information%203.15.2021.pdf
- Three years of professional human resources management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, public or business administration, or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/05220.pdf
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Pre-Employment%20Information%203.15.2021.pdf
The City of Phoenix has paused plans to implement a federal mandate requiring all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This decision comes after a series of legal challenges and a ruling from a federal judge which temporarily halts the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide. If the requirement is reinstated, the City of Phoenix may require new hires to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment. After a conditional offer has been extended, candidates may request a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience monitoring recruitment and selection activities to ensure compliance with policy and applicable employment law.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating others in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated experience with hard to fill positions.
Recruitment closes February 21, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, describe an innovative idea you have to improve recruitment/job application processing.
- Describe your supervisory and/or contractor management experience. Include any conflict resolution experience you may have.
- Describe your experience assisting managers with all steps of recruitment and selection processes (i.e., modifying job announcements, reviewing interview questions, resume screening criteria, and panel composition to ensure legal compliance)?
- In 100 words or less, provide an example of your experience with community outreach efforts and establishing or building partnerships.
- In 100 words or less, describe your experience leveraging benchmarks and data to improve the quality and quantity of candidates.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- During the current health crisis, job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- Please be aware that you may be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Free%20Computer%20Access%20Resources.pdf
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities: https://action.phoenix.gov/j1.pl?a06431395e1fce54d08f3ce16e85899d7b48a2baf2efe0aae72c6d761f480cb0
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Human Resources Officer, JC:05220, ID# 44078, 1/31/22
Your application has been successfully submitted.