Employee Labor & Relations Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Salary Range: $71,903 – $94,619 annually
Full-time, exempt position plus full benefits package.
The closing date for this position is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 20, 2022.
Are you an equity-minded HR professional with heart? Do you enjoy people, problem solving, and working with others to create a positive, productive and inclusive workplace? If so keep reading, we may have your ideal job!
About This Opportunity
The Employee & Labor Relations Analyst is a valued member of a talented, full-service HR department committed to creating a culture of collaborative, compassionate, equitable solutions for the benefit of our employees and community. The successful candidate will provide a variety of complex professional, technical and analytical human resources services in support of our employee and labor relations and engagement programs. This position will also collaborate in the areas of benefits, classification/compensation, and learning and development.
What You’ll Be Doing
A day in the life of the Employee and Labor Relations Analyst is fun, busy and rewarding! Here are some things you could find yourself accomplishing…
- Serving as a resource to managers and employees to ensure a high level of performance for the community, and a positive, engaging experience for our employees
- Consulting and coaching on employee engagement strategies, team effectiveness, performance management, conflict resolution, and culture building
- Drafting a variety of critical documents related to performance and conduct management, investigations, policies, etc.
- Participating in labor negotiations with our Police, Library, and Fire labor partners.
- Interpreting and administering City of Hillsboro policies, federal/state/local employment laws, and collective bargaining agreements
- Conducting comprehensive, fact-based investigations of alleged harassment, discrimination, retaliation, ethics, EEO, and policy violations in a timely manner, authoring professional, thorough objective reports and assisting in implementing recommended actions
- Supporting the City’s culture of innovation and continuous improvement by collaborating with other HR team members on projects that enhance the City’s workplace culture and employee experience
- Assisting with manager skill building and leadership development
- Reviewing and updating personnel policies
- Coordinating and participating in Joint Labor and Management Committees
- Maintaining employee and labor relations records, case files, and databases in accordance with retention schedules
- Fulfilling the position through an equity lens and demonstrating the City’s value to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
What you need to be successful in the job!
The Employee and Labor Relations Analyst has frequent interactions with employees at all levels of the City, our union partners, and external stakeholders and customers. Excellent human relations skills and customer service as well as a high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness are a must. The ability to establish positive, productive relationships, build trust, exercise sound judgment, actively listen, manage priorities in a fast-paced environment, achieve results, effectively navigate complex and sensitive situations, and develop sound recommendations are critical for success. Additionally, the skills to develop and deliver engaging and effective presentations and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats are required. Effectively multi-task and respond quickly to emerging issues. Maintain confidentiality and privacy in highly sensitive situations.
- Conduct research, organize and analyze information from a variety of sources, and form sound recommendations based on review and findings, strategically weighing benefits and risks of proposed actions
- Synthesize complex information into a concise and understandable manner
- Influence at all levels of management
- Provide high-quality, timely, thoughtful guidance on complex issues consistent with City policy, collective bargaining agreements, and relevant employment laws
- Prioritize and complete tasks with optimum efficiency; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate flexibility
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion; quickly and effectively establish and maintain credibility at all levels within the organization
- Maintain emotions and project a calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Consistently demonstrate the City’s core values of Innovation, Excellence, Communication, Leadership, Trust and Reliability, Responsiveness, and Respect
- Serve as a valued and collaborative team member of the HR department contributing to our mission and fulfilling our team agreement
- Effectively solve problems
- Manage and process grievances and complaints
- Utilize sound judgement, remain objective, and consider the big picture, assessing all dimensions of an issue for fiscal, legal and people impact
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Human Resources, Public Administration, or closely related field
- Four (4) years or more demonstrated professional experience in Human Resources
- Preferred: Five (5) years demonstrated professional experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on Employee and Labor Relations and experience in other HR functions such as recruitment and retention, classification and compensation, learning and development or Generalist, or any combination of education and experience that gives the applicants the skills/knowledge and abilities to successfully perform the job
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- PHR/SPHR or IPMA-HR certification preferred
Commitment To Diversity
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Your application has been successfully submitted.