Employee Relations Specialist (Partially Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Our company's People team exists to help make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, development, diversity, and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all can flourish.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, you will support all things Employee Relations. With the help of management, you will advise and handle Employee Relations matters to ensure the best possible experience. You'll investigate complicated issues and navigate them to ensure that everyone involved is protected and on the right side of the law. You will mentor and provide guidance globally on various ER and policy-related matters.
- Provided global shared service support of Employee Relations activities, including maintaining investigation files, case trackers, compliance materials, notes, etc.
- Responding to various HR inquiries that require research and data gathering.
- With the support of management, provide expertise and case management of Employee Relations issues, from initial intake to resolution, in collaboration with the HR Business Partners, Legal, and discipline/product leadership.
- Conduct “Tier 1” level HR-related investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and practices, reaching conclusions and recommended actions, partnering with internal employment attorneys and management on the ER Team.
- Create required documentation, including investigative notes, summaries, final reports, disciplinary documentation, or other materials arising from investigations or ER advising.
- Interpret and apply to understand our client’s policies, and employment law to provide advice, mentorship, or clarification for Employee Relations inquiries.
- Experience with dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of professional Human Resources experience and broad HR knowledge
- 2+ years of experience conducting internal HR investigations and/or managing complex Employee Relations issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, constructive counseling, and best practices related to internal investigations.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience handling high volume workload with shifting priorities/deadlines
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advise and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Experience advising and interacting with employees at various levels, seniority, and craft expertise.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow teammates, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Our client will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.