People & Culture Generalist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
People & Culture Generalist
Ethos Cannabis – Massachusetts
Ethos Cannabis is a multi-state cannabis company with operations in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maryland and we are pursuing expansion opportunities. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets and have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015. Our leadership at Ethos Cannabis have experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
Ethos Cannabis is seeking a People & Culture Generalist who will support the People and Culture function while adhering to regulations and state laws. This role will play an integral part in our People & Culture Team, serving as a subject matter expert responsible for all local employee relations investigations. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of people relations and generalist experience and will help positively impact our team member experience overall. This candidate will ensure that all team member records are maintained with confidentiality, accuracy, and compliance in mind. We are building a strong ethical and team-oriented culture at Ethos Cannabis and are looking for a person in this position to help lead and implement this vision with a growth mindset.
Previous cannabis experience is a plus but not required; however, all candidates should have some familiarity and comfortability with cannabis and the ability to quickly learn the industry regulations.
- Support managers and team members at various locations, being a one point of contact for people relations activities including fielding questions pertaining to our handbook, policies, guidelines, best practices, as well as leave of absence and FMLA and other questions.
- Partner with managers for discipline or performance issues and participate/conduct people investigations while consulting with the People Relations Manager.
- Helps to maintain a positive people relations climate by facilitating discussions or by providing consistent advice and guidance to managers and team members for problem resolution of work-related conflict.
- Maintain internal operating procedures and controls for managing, coaching, and training team members and teams, being a support for leaders throughout Ethos.
- Escalate complex people relations matters to People & Culture leaders as needed.
- Ensure policies and procedures remain compliant with applicable regulations, state and federal laws including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) laws, ADA, ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, PFML, COBRA, DOL, and ERISA.
- Supports People and Culture in conducting employee relations investigations.
- Reviews and provides constructive feedback on corrective action documentation and recommends/escalates the appropriate level of corrective action.
- Assist in enhancing the team member onboarding experience, partnering with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and managers to ensure new hires receive the proper information and resources.
- Assist in background checks and compliance tracking according to state regulations and requirements.
- Administer new affiliations/agent registrations and renewing all existing agent registrations on an annual basis.
- Maintain accurate accounts for new hire entries, position and salary changes, location transfers, separations, and other employee actions. Periodically run audits to ensure data is accurate and captured correctly.
- Manage the offboarding process for team members exiting the organization, ensuring cross-communication between all functions including management, Talent Acquisition, IT, Compliance, Payroll & Benefits. Manage unemployment claims as needed.
- Complete exit interviews on all voluntary separations, maintain accurate records of information and track trends on feedback.
- Collaborate with functional leaders in developing and implementing a best-in-class team member experience including training, performance review guidance, and support.
- Accurately interprets Ethos’ policies and procedures to managers and employees.
- Maintain team member records with employment files and accurate data in the HCM
- Partners with members of People & Culture to track trends and concerns, escalating to issues as needed.
- Reports directly to the People Relations Manager of People & Culture.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration, or equivalent business experience preferred
- SHRM, PHR, or HRCI, certification preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of generalist experience with a focus on employee relations and proven track record in Human Resources in a competitive, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience building strong partnerships with managers and employees.
- Demonstrated experience with employee relations matters, including corrective actions, coaching/training and leaves of absence administration.
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties.
Capabilities and Skills:
- Strong communication and people skills
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Maintain team member confidence and keeping information confidential
- Strong track record of accomplishing strategic business objectives
- Proficiency in computer usage including MS Office applications, email, HCM, online conferencing
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment and while working remotely.
- Annual salary with additional incentive compensation.
- This position is classified as Exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of team members on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or team member.
Your application has been successfully submitted.