Human Resources Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for an HR Assistant for our client, a national Nonprofit organization dedicated to finding innovative solutions inspired by nature to work toward building a healthier planet. This is a fully remote, Temp-to-Hire opportunity, but you must be local to Missoula, MT.
As the HR Assistant, you will bring your connection to the organization’s mission and strong attention to detail to provide HR, clerical and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Administration.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with benefits tracking and communication and payroll processing
- Assist with updating and maintaining payroll, personnel, and HR databases
- Process documentation and prepare reports related to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, and performance evaluations
- Maintain personnel files and records in an organized, timely, and accessible manner
- Act as a benefits administrator by completing appropriate paperwork and processing updates
- Assist with hiring new staff
- Assist in the creation of HR policies and other documents
- Perform light bookkeeping duties including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card tracking, and donation data entry
- Assist with contractor management, including tracking and filing paperwork
- Manage the organization’s virtual phone and calendar system
- Assist in the management of the organization’s virtual filing system
- Assist in the setup of the Asana project management system for the administrative department
- Check mailboxes, scan, upload, and file mail
- Record incoming checks and maintain spreadsheets
- Conduct bank deposits
- Maintain communications with Director of Finance and Administration and other staff
What You Have to Offer:
- 3 years of experience as an HR Assistant
- 2 years using QuickBooks
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of Employment Law and HR Responsibilities
Compensation & Additional Details:
- Pay Rate Range: $28.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm
- Location: Remote but you must be local to Missoula, MT
- Benefits upon conversion to include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as 401k plus employer match, PTO and Paid Holidays, and a one-time office set-up stipend of $500.
About Our Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals with amazing career opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a Clearly Rated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about us can also be found at www.scionnonporofitstaffing.com. Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.