Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full Job Description
Austin’s premier Performing Arts Center is seeking a Human Resources Manager to support full cycle recruitment, onboarding, performance management and employee retention programs for full-time, part-time, and volunteer positions across the organization. This new position will play an integral role in ensuring that the Long Center is an employer of choice by enhancing our current processes and ensuring that all staff are supported and successful in their roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with managers to write and revise job descriptions for current and new positions.
- Guide hiring managers through the recruitment process from posting to hire.
- Post open positions to appropriate job boards including Indeed, LinkedIn, local colleges and universities, and other specialty sites.
- Review resumes with hiring managers to identify qualified candidates and manage all candidate communication.
- Schedule and lead interviews from first round screens to final meetings, ensuring both the candidates and the interview teams have all the information they need.
- Support the HR Team in making offers of employment based on established budgets and compensation bands for full-time, part-time, and union roles.
- Ensure all new employees are fully processed in our HRIS; from I-9s and background checks to reviewing employment policies and successfully registering for Long Center benefit plans.
- Coordinate with IT and operations to confirm new hires have appropriate office space, equipment, and system access.
- Schedule new employee welcome and onboarding activities including introductory meetings, office tours, lunch, HR orientation, and any additional training needs.
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of a new Performance Management process, ensuring managers and staff are engaging in regular performance conversations, goal setting, and 1:1’s.
- Work with executive leadership, operations, and HR to coordinate quarterly All Staff meetings and regular opportunities for social gatherings, volunteerism, and wellness programming.
- Create a recognition program, ensuring staff and volunteers are recognized for years of service, birthdays, promotions, and other accomplishments.
- Provide support for additional staffing needs such as interns, temps, and contractors.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in recruiting, talent management, and retention strategies.
- Ensure internal employee onboarding tools and external sites are on brand and up to date.
- Serve as a resource for all employment matters and support the HR Team with other projects as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or similar field.
- 3-5 years in a professional human resources position with specific experience working with or managing recruitment, onboarding, and performance.
- Collaborative and organized team player with high touch customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with leadership, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- High confidence and comfort level working with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word); HRIS; and external sites such as Indeed and LinkedIn.
- SHRM/PHR Certification or working toward becoming certified is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The Long Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strive for a team that reflects Austin’s diverse culture. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary expectations for this role?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Human resources: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.