Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Through clinical services, education, and research, The Family Institute at Northwestern University is one of the nation’s leading relationship-based behavioral health organizations committed to strengthening and healing children and adolescents, couples, families, and individuals. When you join The Family Institute, you are joining a team of over 230 collaborators comprised of clinicians, educators, researchers, therapists-in-training, partners, and administrators across four service sites. We are a strong, independent organization focused on advancing the world of behavioral health.
The Human Resource Manager will lead the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including, but not limited to, onboarding, benefits, credentialling, leaves of absence, and enforcing company policies and practices. The HR Manager works collaboratively, and in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner, to embrace TFI’s core values, mission, and vision, and support staff across the organization.
- Supervise employee onboarding experience and conduct 30-, 60-, and 90-day check-ins with new employees.
- Participate collaboratively `with the HR team, including the areas of recruitment and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Act as HRIS administrator, back-up payroll administrator, background check administrator
- Assist employees with leave of absence requests, special enrollments, and questions about benefit plans.
- Play a lead role in building a positive workplace culture and high levels of employee engagement
- Manage HR inbox to ensure all employee correspondence is responded to promptly.
- Oversee all credentialing for BCBS and Medicare providers.
- Manage projects to enhance the HR function creating efficiencies, effective practices, and improving compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Maintain all personnel records, paper files, and HRIS records.
- Administer offboarding procedures including conducting exit interviews.
- Manage HR Assistant and oversee their workflow and projects.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain human resources information and resources on the company intranet, yet to be developed.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Hiring Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- HR certification highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS systems.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- For the safety and well-being of our community, The Family Institute requires all employees to submit proof of COVID vaccination upon starting employment.
The Family Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.