Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Jockey is hiring a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), located at our corporate headquarters in Kenosha, WI (near Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL). In this hybrid remote/in office role, the HRBP will support Jockey’s vision and strategic direction to attract, cultivate, manage, and retain our world-class employee team, acting as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision. This position is a strategic partner and trusted advisor to provide guidance across employment law, training, performance management, change management, and engagement initiatives. In this position, you will have the ability to lead a broad array of HR initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment where you will play a significant role in impacting our people strategy. This is a role where your contributions will be noticed, and you will be able to act as a change-agent to make a real difference within our organization by establishing and implementing HR best practices.
JOCKEY is a world-renown designer and marketer of premier men’s and women’s intimate and loungewear apparel with product offerings sold in U.S. department and specialty stores, licensed and distributed in 140+ countries, as well as through an award-winning thriving eCommerce, print catalog business, and retail stores across the U.S.
In this role, the principal responsibilities fall into two categories:
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned business leadership regarding HR-related needs and initiatives.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's strategic plans, culture, and competition to provide strategic HR consulting and coaching with the goal to influence business leadership action.
- In partnership with functional leaders and/or the HR team, the HRBP creates and implements strategic HR programs. This includes writing and pitching business cases, creating project plans, managing resources and stakeholders, and training employees. Based on the scope of the project, it may lead project teams comprised of HR staff and cross functional resources. This may include projects that create efficiencies in HR processes, employee engagement, etc. Develops and implements communication and change management strategies to assist both field and corporate employees in adapting to changes in the workplace.
- Lead talent development strategies for assigned business groups, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines mentoring, training, etc. Meets regularly with business leaders to understand business plans and diagnose when training and development opportunities exist. This may include coaching and developing onsite and/or field leaders in key leadership characteristics and business acumen.
- Monitor and ensure fair and consistent pay practices within regional employee group. Identify any compensation issues and recommend solutions.
- Manages human resources activities associated with workforce planning and talent management for the assigned business groups. Ensures the design and consistent application of tools to accomplish all activities related to workforce planning and that all activities are performed according to regulatory and company guidelines.
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance in FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, etc.
- Responsible for thorough and updated knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws and new regulations pertaining to assigned locations.
- Act as an impartial advocate for employees, creating and fostering an equitable and best in class work environment.
- Develop relationships of trust and encourage open dialogue to foster positive employee relations initiatives that include assessing the employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints. Identifies and/or conducts investigations on employee relations issues in an appropriate and timely manner and provides appropriate recommendations. Provides advice to management and responds to employee inquiries.
- Collaborates with operational business partners and Talent Acquisition to develop strategic plans and actions to reduce voluntary turnover to goal and increase employee engagement.
- Partner with corporate HR team to design and implement policies that comply with our business objectives.
- Ensures that Jockey policies and procedures are adhered to and applied in a consistent manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business, PHR or SPHR desired.
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources’ experience.
- Excellent relationship management skills at all levels within the organization and ability to build effective relationships both in person and via virtual technology.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve while maintaining flexibility.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with HRIS database. UKG is preferred, but we hope to see applications with transferrable HRIS experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive and comprehensive flexible benefits package with includes Medical/Dental/Life/Vision, 401(k), educational support, paid Volunteerism program, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.