Consultant, HR Support (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The HR Support Associate Advisor is responsible for delivering exceptional direct HR support to Associates and Managers, with a deep focus on customer service and Associate experience. The HR Support Associate Advisor helps Managers and associates find Answers to their often complex questions and solve their varied HR problems. The HR Support Associate Advisor also collaborates with numerous Home Office and regional/store teams to ensure that issues are fully resolved and any necessary changes are made.
What You'll Do - Essential Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional direct HR support to Managers and Associates on a full range of HR issues
- Serve as single point of contact for each matter, seeing each issue through to resolution
- Receive and respond to queries / requests from Associates or Managers via various media, including phone, email and chat
- Consult and problem solve with Managers and Associates on issues that lack clear procedures, policy, or precedent
- Partner with or redirect certain inquiries to other company functions as appropriate, including other Human Resources teams, Asset Protection, Payroll, Technology, external vendors and others
- Research, update and maintain the HR knowledge base and case management system as policies, practices, and decisions evolve
- Support process improvement efforts, including development of standard documentation and resources
- Provide real-time feedback to centralized support technology and service providers
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting on HR support functions and trends
- Absorb additional HR advisory and consulting support responsibilities as identified as opportunities for centralization
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment for follow through
- Strong written communication skills (proven)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (proven)
- Ability to apply effective and appropriate independent judgment skills in core job functions
- Proven organizational skills - must be eager to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Above average individual initiative and critical thinking skills - seeks to understand root cause and find effective solutions
- Must be a team player with demonstrated team experience (proven)
- Strong customer service focus (proven)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Ability to work until 5pm PST/7pm CST/8pm EST, Mon-Fri
- 2 years of Human Resources or comparable experience
- Human Resources and HR Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources, preferred
- High level of comfort with technology and Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment To Diversity And Inclusion
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.