Human Resources - Talent Acquisition Assistant - Part-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The City of Phoenix Human Resources Department is seeking a part-time Talent Acquisition Assistant within Human Resources. As a Talent Acquisition Assistant, you will play an important part in assisting the HR team. This position will assist with creating job posting content for social media, preparing reports, and learning the overall recruitment process.
Key responsibilities of this position include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with creating job posting content for various social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and other sites.
- Work with recruiters to maintain electronic storage of recruitment materials.
- Participate in local hiring fairs and outreach activities.
- Assist with answering phone calls, filing, and other clerical functions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and city policies
- Exercise initiative and good judgment, maintain various human resources records requiring multi-tasking and time management, conduct research, and complete special projects.
- Perform various duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be innovative, adaptable, and eager to serve their HR team. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and be committed to continuous improvement, collaborative teamwork, and excellent customer service.
This will involve being willing to work offsite to attend job fairs or other outreach events which may be scheduled on weeknights and Saturdays.
$16.03 (minimum) - $23.64 (maximum) per hour
Part-time employees are eligible for earned paid sick time, city training, and free or discounted bus and light rail fares.
- Three years of experience working with computerized HRIS (human resources information systems) performing responsible and varied clerical work. An equivalent combination of related experience and college coursework / education will be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
The City of Phoenix has paused plans to implement a federal mandate requiring all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This decision comes after a series of legal challenges and a ruling from a federal judge which temporarily halts the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide. If the requirement is reinstated, the City of Phoenix may require new hires to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment. After a conditional offer has been extended, candidates may request a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience with social media platforms, including creating and editing content.
- Experience with SignUp Genius or other scheduling software.
Recruitment closes January 26, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, indicate your experience maintaining detailed records and organizing systems or records.
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, describe your experience creating social media content and what systems or programs you’ve used.
Apply online: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- During the current health crisis, job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- Please be aware that you may be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Senior Human Resources Clerk, JC:01420, ID# 43719, 01/11/2022, USM, MA
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.