Director, Human Resources, Dental
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
This position is a strategic leader within the HR team and acts as a true partner to the business. The Director will coach, consult, and advise leaders regarding existing Human Resources programs and services. They will act as they will also act as the key driver supporting talent management in the areas of succession planning; performance management; employee relations; organizational development, and strategic programs.
• Positively communicates and demonstrate the Company’s core values by developing trust and respect among peers and employees
• Drives the strategic delivery of solutions and HR services such as Talent Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, and Workforce Planning ensuring coordination across geographies to ensure consistency, fairness and engagement while influencing best practices
• Provides counsel to all levels of management on employee relations and corrective action issues and handles escalated employee relations matters pertaining to ethics and compliance, such as potential EEO violations
• Interprets, communicates and maintains all HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various legislation.
• Oversees the implementation of market competitive and internally equitable compensation (job leveling) and benefits
• Manages and directs HR staff on day to day initiatives and provides development and support for their team.
Typically 10+ years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 5 or more years of management experience.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Typically holds 1 or more industry certification.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance.
• Excellent presentation, verbal and communication skills.
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
• Excellent decision making skills.
• Ability to plan and manage successful projects.
• Excellent planning/ organizational skills and techniques
• Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders.
• Excellent negotiating skills.
• Use skills to lead teams to achieve company goals in creative and effective ways.
• Ability to Influence, build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts.
• Broad and wide-range of professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Ability to lead virtual teams.
• Excellent strategic planning skills.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Experience supporting a sales organization preferred
• In depth knowledge of US employment laws
• Collaborative leadership and coaching skills
• Acts with a sense of urgency, high energy, and practical common sense
• Team oriented
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to multi-task
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.
Primary Location: USA-WI-West Allis
Your application has been successfully submitted.