Volunteer: Flexible Human Resources Support for finEQUITY
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Help finEQUITY with critical HR questions over the course of 4 weeks, in areas like hiring, compensation & benefits, HR policy, performance management, and workplace culture.
fINEQUITY is a seed stage nonprofit committed to advancing the financial futures for community members who have experienced long-term incarceration. Established in 2019, we help those impacted by incarceration build their financial power through education, credit and access to safe financial products as part of their reentry journey.
Our leadership team holds background in prison reentry services, prison directives, technology, and safe non-predatory financial inclusion products. fINEQUITY is a fiscally sponsored project of Social Good Fund, a California nonprofit corporation and registered 501(c)(3) organization.
Fun Fact About Us
Remote, tech savvy, strategic and thoughtful.
What You'll Work On
- Ongoing HR support for 10-15 hours over the course of 4 weeks
- Support may include: hiring, compensation & benefits, HR policy & procedure, performance management, and/or workplace culture
- Note: We devised this project to connect nonprofits and volunteers for more flexible, more immediate impact. We strongly suggest you start with 4 weeks and decide from there if you'd like to continue working. For this project, we also recommend working with a volunteer who is knowledgeable about the Organization's state policies
- Benefits selection for small organization (i.e. IRA deduction or QESHRA).
- HR policy & procedure (NY)
- Hiring Strategy advice
- Human Resources
- Talent Recruitment
- Experience working in Human Resources in a professional capacity
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-15 hours over 4 weeks
Why You'll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire's team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Your application has been successfully submitted.