Global Compensation Consultant, Digital
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
In line with General Motors' Compensation Principles, this Global Compensation Analyst will participate in compensation surveys, conduct market & competitor analysis, develop compensation structures, and recommend approaches in compensation based on data results. This position includes ad hoc projects that include deep analysis into a particular function or market. Knowledge of California compensation markets is plus! The role has global reach and exposure to many areas of the business. Opportunity to pursue certifications in compensation.
- Be the point compensation partner for our digital organizations
- Identify appropriate market data sources, analyze market data and provide data driven recommendations
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to support creating competitive compensation guidelines.
- Participate in tech related compensation surveys - requires attention to detail, job matching, market knowledge
- Support managing technical Job Profiles to facilitate benchmarking and pay equity
- Partner and advise members of Global Compensation & Benefits, particularly Global Compensation Consultants to provide guidance on compensation analysis and results
- Partner and build effective working relationships with other members of the Global Compensation & Benefits team and the internal HR Community
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in HR, mathematics or related degree
- Proficient in the English language
- Familiar with tech surveys such as Radford
- 5-7 years of related experience in the tech industry
- Experience working with tech compensation packages including long-term incentive plans
- Must be comfortable with data and able to analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions and develop recommendations from the data
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and work to plan
- Highly proficient analytical, interpersonal, and process leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience with Workday a plus
The median starting salary range for this position in Colorado is $122,673. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.