Sr. M&A Human Resources Specialist
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
We are hiring a Senior Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Human Resources Specialist.
The Senior M&A Human Resources Specialist is responsible for helping to plan and manage merger, acquisition and divestiture activities related to all aspects of human resources, including but not limited to people and systems strategy, compensation, benefits and retirement.
In partnership with the Sr. Director, M&A, s/he will serve as a leader for the HR function throughout the acquisition or divestiture process.
This senior individual contributor will work in a team environment as a key member of the broader M&A cross-functional team, which includes the business unit, corporate strategy, finance, accounting, legal, HR, risk management, compliance and IT integration teams, as well as with external partners.
- Lead and deliver HR critical work for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence for the HR function
- In partnership with the HR business partner, advise business leadership on people strategy as it relates to the impact of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on organizational design (HR function and HR policies and programs)
- Conduct side-by-side gap analysis to identify issues and advise on solutions; validate financial synergy and cost assumptions as they pertain to human capital
- Quantify areas of HR risks and opportunities – e.g. labor expenses, severance, benefits, employee relation issues and culture
- Lead employee communications from pre-close through integration and beyond as they relate to HR programs and policies
- Evaluate health and welfare programs, as well as HR policies (e.g., paid time off, vacation), to assess liabilities associated with programs
- Conduct job evaluations and mapping to level employees to McKesson compensation structures
- Develop and routinely update centralized HR M&A resources on internal site
Typical Minimum Qualifications
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- 6+ years of experience working on M&A transactions, preferably with an HR focus
- 3+ years of experience with compensation and/or benefits:
- Working knowledge of compensation programs, including short-term and long-term incentives
- Working knowledge of healthcare benefits and retirement programs
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience with ability to manage several time-sensitive projects at one time with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) with the ability to interpret/uncover data and provide analytics and reporting to business leaders
- Ability to interpret internal or external issues and recommend solutions based on “best practices”
Additional Preferred Skills
- Ability to work independently and navigate an unstructured environment, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability, willingness to probe into various business scenarios
- Team-oriented with ability to build relationships and foster trust at all levels of the organization
- Superior attention to detail
- Drive for commitment and collaboration, even in times of transition
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with M&A legal documents (e.g., purchase agreements) a plus
- 4-year degree strongly preferred
- General Office Demands
- Must be able to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Your application has been successfully submitted.