Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TradeBlock is a wholly owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, servicing financial firms with crypto currency trading technology, institutional-grade market data, as well as blockchain data and analytics. We are a technology company focused on building the future of finance by developing robust data infrastructure for blockchain networks and crypto markets.
About the role
As TradeBlock’s Head of People you will drive the roadmap of the first generation of people programs setting the tone to be a Best Place to Work in Crypto. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for building the foundation of an employee first organization while cultivating an environment that fosters high performance and engagement.
In the first 6 months of employment, you will create a foundational structure for basic policies, systems, and benefits setting TradeBlock on a path for a best in class in FinTech organization.
- Evaluate payroll, benefits, and HRIS/talent/performance systems to assess future state aspiration and prioritize implementations as well as budgeting for next generation programs
- Start implementation of employee surveys to understand desires and needs of dispersed population for greater employee satisfaction and input
- Assist CEO and Head of Strategy & Ops in defining employee first organizational values and goals and educating employees on OKR process
- Design and implement performance management procedures and policies leading to structured rewards programs
Beyond the first 6 months, your role will be to create a people function that fosters an inclusive and innovative environment encompassing all the components below.
Engagement and Culture
- Implement, support and champion a culture that reinforces our still forming mission and values, engages multilateral feedback, embraces and is resilient to growth, and attracts incredible new talent to accelerate a continuous improvement mentality.
- Champion a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and design and implement practices to support their achievement.
- Partner with the future Director of Recruiting to optimize the employee life cycle: From recruitment through onboarding and beyond, people’s interactions with TradeBlock should be positive. You will identify, create, and shore up gaps in our current approach to the various stages of the employee relationship.
- Create a Talent Development program with individual (e.g., coaching opportunities and feedback) and group solutions (e.g., training programs) to improve capabilities at all levels of the organization, including management and line staff with a focus on engineering and commercial departments
- Review and improve performance management approaches to develop and retain existing staff. Upgrade our performance review templates and methodologies
- Design organizational structures and career pathways that encourage effective operations, and also support mutually beneficial growth opportunities for maturing employees and efficient succession and contingency planning.
Policy and Program Implementation
- Establish people centric policies and practices that are aligned with, and enhance, our mission and core values, and see that they are adhered to consistently.
- Optimize rewards/recognition program, employee compensation, and benefits programs to ensure market competitiveness and reflect our values and the needs of our people.
- Manage our external human resources partners (including payroll, retirement programs, and international employment) and ensure compliance with all labor-related regulations. Facilitate annual programs such as the employee engagement survey(s), open enrollment, and 403(b) testing.
- Continue to work with DCG parent company to develop a location strategy adhering to all local, state, and federal taxation
Note on Location: While most of our team is still working remotely, our future expectation is that the Head of People of TradeBlock will have occasional travel to Stamford, CT and New York, NY.
Your application has been successfully submitted.