HR Business Partner - Hybrid / Remote
Ferguson is the largest wholesale distributor of residential and commercial plumbing supplies and pipe, valves and fittings in the U.S. The company is also a major distributor of HVAC equipment, fire protection systems, waterworks and industrial products and services. Ferguson and its subsidiaries serve customers in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the Caribbean.
The HR Business Partner works with their business leaders to build and implement the HR strategy. They identify gaps and areas of opportunity and work together to develop an approach to support business growth. The HRBP will ensure the associates needs are met in the Upper Midwest District via the development and execution of implementation plans.
This position reports into the Director – HR Business Partners for the Central Region.
This is a Hybrid position where time is spent both working in the district (travel required) as well as working remotely from home. HRBP must live within the district, ideally this candidate would be based in the Twin Cities market. However, for the right candidate, we will also consider Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska.
- Work with District Manager to build an HR strategy and execution plan to support the business strategy
- Building capabilities: identifying what we need to be successful both now and, in the future
- Succession planning: identifying high potentials, individual developments plans for next generation leaders, and addressing demographic changes (retirement and labor shortages etc.)
- Aligning business and training curriculum; to develop highly skilled associates
- Support of diversity and inclusion strategy
- Leadership training, development, and mentoring
- Compensation planning, review, and analysis
- Culture/associate engagement action planning
- Organization Design: developing the right structure in place to achieve the business goals
- Organization Effectiveness: ensuring we have the right matrix, connection points, eliminate difficulties across the teams
- Assist with raised employment practice issues
- Drive corporate wellness initiatives
- Post-acquisition integration
- Coordinates and carries out emergency response
- Travel Required: Ability to travel as needed (may include overnight stays)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior human resources experience preferred
- Whole distribution knowledge preferred
- Positive, team-oriented demeanor
- Dedication and passion for excellence and looking after associates
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time leadership skills with a proven record to meet timelines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Strength in ability to educate, persuade, and influence leadership
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas and help others respond appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and paternal), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information
Your application has been successfully submitted.