Principal, HR Business Partner - Amazon Music
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you love Entertainment? Have you imagined yourself working with other television and film fanatics? Do you want to better understand the guts of the entertainment industry and see first hand how it's evolving in the digital age?
The Amazon Music Human Resources team is looking for a Principal HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is ready to go deep on the business of entertainment, working in lockstep with our biggest leaders to build an organization that scales and invents with employees that live and breath film and television. The Principal HRBP in this role will coach clients at all levels, design and deliver talent solutions to business problems, and advise executive leaders on business and organizational design strategies.
To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You’ll help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve speed of execution, employee engagement, and talent development. As the leader responsible for key HR functions, you will drive how we adapt our processes and philosophies to enable Amazon to attract, grow, and retain talent in our creative, industry-specific, business development, and customer acquisition functions. Nothing in the employee experience is off limits! You will drive strategic initiatives related to onboarding, talent management, organizational culture, diversity and inclusion, and other opportunities that you uncover. This is a great opportunity to be a true owner in a dynamic environment, working with passionate people to delight our Music customers.
Successful Candidates Will Also Demonstrate
The role is both a strategic and hands on role including improving organizational effectiveness & design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching and driving HR functional excellence.
- Genuine curiosity and ability to interpret business goals and recommend new approaches to talent acquisition and management.
- A true hands-on approach and a willingness to go to the "frontline" to understand our employees and our customers.
- Experience with multi-functional and ever-changing work environment.
- Coaching and mentoring at all management levels.
- Creative problem solving that works backwards from the end customer and the business client.
- Success in creating and driving effective career development, retention, and recognition programs.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a meaningful client relationships.
- The ability to think big but also not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while continually moving initiatives forward.
- Must be able to interface at executive levels of the organization.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with product management, design, and software development talent across all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Prior management experience, as this role is expected to grow
- Resilient and able to thrive in a global, fast-paced environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
- Willingess and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
- Knowledge of local, national, and some international employment law and an ability to interpret and apply legal guidance
- Organizational design and change management experience
- Project and program management experience
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1752069
Your application has been successfully submitted.