HR Business Partner, Technology Groups
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 300+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking to add a HR Business Partner to our quickly growing People team! The ideal candidate will be both strategic and scrappy, with the ability to embody and scale our culture as we continue to grow. This role will be partnering and supporting primarily the Engineering, Product, Data Analytics groups as well as G&A. This is a full-time role based in Redwood City, California reporting to the VP People & Culture.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with leadership and other relevant team members to guide people programs and talent model strategy--including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with the VP of People & Culture to promote a culture of learning by supporting leaders and emerging leaders with unbiased perspective, counsel, direct & caring feedback in areas such as org design and planning to scale with Alation's needs.
- Help determine and develop all employees by creating career paths and training development options for all employees.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill-building, talent development, career pathing, change management, collaboration, and handling sticky situations to resolution.
- Continually evolve people ops practices by analyzing trends and using data to inform, develop people programs, and influence change.
- Seek opportunities to explore the use of technology and/or more automation wherever you spot inefficiencies to better Alation’s practices.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of professional (ideally SaaS start-up) experience in various aspects of HR. Must have an in-depth understanding of HR programs--including total rewards, leadership development, coaching, performance management, compliance/labor relations.
- Bachelor’s, PHR or SPHR, and/or SHRM preferred.
- Have worked with engineering/technical leaders and teams.
- Natural, authentic people leadership skills. You are talented at building trust-based relationships at all levels and facilitating difficult conversations and topics. You are a great listener, possess strong interpersonal skills, and are quick to build trust. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications.
- Flexibility. You know how to zoom out to think on behalf of an organization and can zoom in to tackle nuances at an individual level. You can pivot quickly on-the-fly--a listening ear to a concerned employee one moment and a trusted advisor to leadership the next. You take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- Fluency in “people problem-solving." You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and Alation. You have intrinsic curiosity and apply creative thinking to continually better what exists at Alation.
- Alignment with Alation’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing team, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and are willing to persevere to get us there. You have a deep level of self-awareness and openness to learn and grow.
- You know how to use data and tech to glean insights. You are innately curious and are energized by peeling the onion back to understand root causes and impact analysis through data.
- Gumption to take the wheel before being asked. You raise the bar on delivering a great product. You are a go-getter and diligent project manager, process-driven with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great and highly accountable follow-through.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.