Sr Mgr, Training & Enablement
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
The Global Professional Services organization at PayPal is seeking a Sr. Manager, Training & Enablement to lead the team in support of new hire onboarding and product and technical training.
Training & Onboarding
- Lead strategy, organization and execution in new hire onboarding and product & technical training and curriculum within the Global Professional Services (GPS) Enablement team.
- Manage the Onboarding & Training team to oversee the planning, design and delivery of product & technical training content and materials for various roles – sales engineers, integration and technical support teams – across segments and regions.
- Connect with leaders and stakeholders in GPS, Sales, Product & Engineering, Marketing and other teams to align onboarding, training and enablement plans and identify gaps that exist.
- Establish a Center of Excellence for Training & Onboarding, with clear guidelines, processes and best practices on the intake, development, contribution, launch and deprecation of training content and materials.
- Incorporate new approaches in learning & development to drive employee engagement and find efficiencies that accelerates the team’s delivery.
- Develop a communications strategy, in coordination with the broader GPS Enablement team, to drive employee awareness and understanding.
- Define, roll out and track certification and assessments against a core curriculum with role-specific pathways.
- Track and measure the impact of training & onboarding programs against GPS goals and priorities; optimize training programs based on feedback.
- Lead with transparency, adaptability and empathy.
- Support initiatives that promote more inclusive, equitable, and diverse teams.
- Handle escalations on the team’s behalf and provide context and perspective to help navigate challenging situations.
- Mentor direct reports. Take an active role in their development and promote their work within the org and across PayPal.
- Advocate for the team’s needs and promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Excel in all aspects of management: expectation setting, goal setting, performance evaluations, development planning, coaching, delegating, team building, advocacy, hiring, and retention.
- 10+ years of experience in a Learning & Development, Enablement, Sales Operations role or similar.
- Undergrad or advanced degree in business, education, operations or related field.
- Successful track record of developing and executing training and enablement programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Outstanding leadership and stakeholder management skills – including managing multiple partners simultaneously.
- Very adept at understanding the language of developers and engineers and translate that into a coherent learning & development experience.
- Experience with Instructional Design software (e.g., WorkRamp, Trailhead, MindTickle, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Adept with Microsoft Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Experienced with Seismic, Confluence, SharePoint is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Payments experience preferred.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0076481
Your application has been successfully submitted.