Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Attention dynamic and creative leaders…you’ve been waiting for this one!!
Are you looking for an award-winning culture where you can be yourself as a Ridiculously Nice teammate while Doing the Right Thing? Do you believe in a Develop the Next leadership style while Having Fun and Celebrating? Above all, are you known for effectively partnering with teammates and leaders alike because you Believe That Together We Can? If this describes you, let’s chat!
Named a Best Places to Work in Collections by InsideARM, Americollect is nationally known in the industry for our Ridiculously Nice approach with helping patients improve their financial well-being, reducing healthcare costs for everyone. The HR Manager position allows you to do something you believe in. At Americollect, we believe in teamwork and collaboration, growth and developing the future you, friendships, and family. We enjoy celebrating and having fun, supporting our community, and helping others!
In this remote position, you'll drive and implement initiatives across multiple disciplines of Human Resources through effective leadership. You will focus on the department’s performance, engagement, and development to ensure the evolving needs of the business are met. And, you'll also collaborate across the organization to enhance the department as it supports Americollect’s purpose and values.
- Talent Selection Makes staffing and headcount recommendations for the department to leadership. Partners with Human Resources to determine recruitment strategies for the department. Champion's the department's interview, selection, and onboarding decisions. Serves as an ambassador of the organization and helps to build Americollect's brand as a sought-out employer.
- Develops partnerships with leaders throughout the organization and in the community to optimize recruitment efforts, specifically in branding Americollect as a premiere employer and creating a customer-centric recruitment experience.
- Champions the recruiting and onboarding experience for teammates new to Americollect. Collaborates with others across the organization to support engagement efforts of all teammates.
- Prioritizes and delegates recruitment responsibilities to support the growth of the business. May lead or support recruiting assignments as necessary.
- Champions the teammate assessment tool selection and process.
- Department Engagement Builds meaningful partnerships with direct reports and other leaders throughout the organization to facilitate open dialogue and trust. Identifies teammate motivation and recognizes positive performance and behavior with individualized approaches. Openly communicates and develops engaged direct reports, building camaraderie. Champions engagement initiatives that enhance the teammate experience. May serve on employee committees, such as the Co-Worker Experience Committee.
- Supports leaders throughout the organization in interpreting company policies and navigating Human Resources matters such as employee performance, engagement, and relations. Ensures compliance of such matters throughout the organization. Identifies trends and makes recommendations for training and development opportunities.
- May participate in managing employee relations matters as needed, particularly those of a high-risk nature. Coaches leaders to successfully diffuse such matters.
- Development Regularly evaluates the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the department, identifying opportunities to improve performance, confidence, and overall growth. Actively contributes to growth by leveraging and applying available leadership tools including 1x1s, trainings, performance improvement plans, individual development plans, skip level interviews, and more. Partners with Americollect University and leverages other reputable resources to address individual and departmental training needs. May develop and/or facilitate department-specific trainings.
- Partners with the Learning & Development Team to provide learning opportunities to all people leaders across the organization.
- Employee Relations Creates strong relationships with teammates throughout the organization, and is the first point of contact for employee relation matters that pertain to any necessary investigations, performance, or disciplinary action conversations.
- Department Measurement Ensures appropriate expectations and goals are established for the department and makes recommendations to leadership as necessary. Continuously evaluates individual and department performance based upon quality, quantity, cost, and timeliness expectations driven by business need. Produces, interprets, and presents metrics, driving insights and making strategic, evidence-based recommendations to optimize performance.
- Compliance May partner with Compliance to ensure department initiatives align with industry regulations.
- Ensures Human Resources policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Oversees the Policy Committee to create and revise company policies that protect the business while supporting the reasonable needs of teammates. Maintains detailed records of the evolution of the policies overtime, communicating changes and implications to all teammates.
- Complex Decisions Uses a broad a perspective to make evidence-based decisions for the department. Takes well-thought risks, learns from them, and applies lessons to future decision making. Makes recommendations for organizational decisions.
- Project Management Leads significant projects that address key factors such as a defined budget, client expectations and satisfaction, technology requirements, potential risks or anticipated barriers, needed resources, and aggressive deadlines that meet the needs and desires of the business. Modifies project plans as key factors evolve and collaborates across the organization to ensure project initiatives are consistent with overarching business processes.
- Partners with vendors to reach desired results and supports the selection of prospective vendors through research and negotiation.
- Resource Allocation Forecasts and fulfills departmental resource needs to support organizational goals. Plans and communicates departmental initiatives and key responsibilities to all stakeholders.
- Executes Business Strategies Understands the internal and external forces that impact departmental and organizational strategies, Americollect’s Purpose Statement, and Values. Delivers on strategies by establishing clear expectations and targets, and ensuring goals are successfully met. Makes collaborative decisions on value-added efforts based upon the existing and future needs of Americollect's clients, patients, and teammates.
- Optimizes the contributions of the Human Resources department in several disciplines, including recruitment and retention; compensation, benefits, and wellness; training and development; performance management; succession planning; compliance; and employee relations.
- Develops strategies to achieve desired results with respect to high-impact Human Resources initiatives, specifically those focusing on recruitment, retention, and marketing.
- May participate in in the review and design of benefits. May influence communication strategies that educate and encourage teammates in making informed decisions with respect to benefits.
- Pursues available professional development, engaging in conferences, societies, and/or networking opportunities. Leverages and seeks other reputable resources and forms of development to support departmental and organizational goals, for example by reading books and publications or obtaining licenses/certifications. Completes assigned training and learning plans, specifically those that fulfill industry compliance requirements.
- Performs all duties above with the highest integrity and confidentiality.
- All other duties as assigned.
Two Years of College or Associate's Degree or comparable experience (focus: Human Resources, Business Administration or Management, or other relevant field)
Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience (focus: Human Resources, Business Administration or Management, or other relevant field)
- 7+ years of experience with several disciplines of Human Resources strongly preferred, preferably within a diverse workforce. Will consider industry and/or operational experience in lieu of Human Resources experience.
- 3+ years of experience effectively leading others or similar relevant experience required
- 2+ years of experience managing or participating in projects required
- 1+ year(s) of experience producing, interpreting, and presenting metrics, and making evidence-based recommendations required
- Knowledge of the best practices for managing employee relations, with an understanding of local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing the Human Resources function required
- Knowledge of engagement strategies required, preferably in a contact center environment
- Knowledge of high volume recruiting strategies preferred
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures, as well as best practices for leading and managing projects and process improvements preferred
- Completion of Americollect University’s Essentials of Leadership courses or equivalent required Licenses/Certifications
- Achievement of Professional in Human Resources, Senior Professional in Human Resources, SHRM Certified Professional, or SHRM Senior Certified Professional designations preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficient in leveraging human capital management systems required
Americollect provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.