People Ops Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Owl Labs is looking to hire a People Ops Specialist to help support our people through our core values as we scale the business. Our ideal candidate loves to interact with people, possesses sharp analytical skills with a strong work ethic, and is ready to roll their sleeves up and make things happen.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the smooth operation of the company’s human resources function
- Own and manage employee orientation/onboarding experience and our HRIS system (data entry, ongoing reporting, managing processes, etc).
- Document and manage various people related transactions such as new-hire, leaves of absence, workers comp, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Maintain understanding of the current HR legal landscape and identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance. Coordinate leaves of absences.
- Assist with employee engagement by coordinating and planning special events and negotiating with outside vendors
- Work with Director of People on developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with firm’s mission and objectives
- This is the first dedicated human resources role on the Owl Labs people team. You will have the opportunity to build employee focused programs from scratch and optimize existing programs, all while having a big impact on Owl Labs’ culture.
- You will have a chance to join an extremely fast growing company during its climb. High performers will have growth opportunities beyond this role as the business expands.
- 5-7 years of experience working in an HR capacity; hyper-growth, start-up tech environment highly desirable
- Familiarity with current Multi State and Federal employment laws, such as FMLA
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and integrity while also being a strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience supporting employees at all levels of an organization
- The ability to handle and maintain and high-level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is a must
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extraordinary organizational skills, with high attention to detail and focus on accuracy and accountability
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Leadership and the development of people on their past teams.
- Problem solving.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is over 70% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position in the greater Boston area. Please specify in your application
Your application has been successfully submitted.