This job is no longer accepting applications.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Draw on your extensive experience as a human-centric, business-driven HR Business Partner in this leadership role to help us maintain our world-class employee experience. This is a player-coach role, where you’ll play a key role in leading and executing our People strategy and plan - from our aggressive hiring goals in Toronto, San Francisco, Chicago, LA, and beyond, to retaining our amazing team (if we may say so ourselves!)
Key areas of ownership:
- Partnership with the leaders on the People team in the design and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Thought leadership and execution in domains such as org design, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, etc.
- Short and long term alignment with department stakeholders as we grow and achieve ambitious goals.
- Partnership with leaders in department client groups for initiatives that serve the needs of specific teams and needs.
- Management and growth of Lever’s HRBP function and team.
This is the perfect opportunity if you’re excited by providing both strategic leadership and hands-on execution for a variety of teams at Lever. It’s the best of both worlds: you’ll manage a small but fantastic HRBP team, while impacting Lever as an HR leader and business partner.
We’re looking for someone who loves data as much as we do, and is inspired by how we can use that information to inform and cultivate a winning business and culture. You’ll own and nurture an excellent pulse on what’s happening in different pockets of the org, and collect, analyze, and tell compelling stories with data — in order to inform people-related decisions or programs on specific teams as well as across the company.
As a leader and coach, you’ll provide developmental feedback to your direct report and senior leaders. You will also partner with leaders across Lever to develop, revise, and implement new or existing initiatives that increase their team’s performance, retention, and engagement, in close collaboration with the rest of the Employee Success team. You will be a sounding board, trusted advisor, and execution partner to leaders and ICs alike in high-level and in-the-weeds decisions.
The Manager, Human Resources Business Partner will be a key leader and member of the People team (includes Employee Success and Recruiting). We are a fun, collaborative bunch who take our mission seriously: as the Lever team’s strategic internal partners, we ensure all Leveroos have the space, skills, support, and physical and psychological safety that enable them to do their best work and own their own growth. We are the team that helps employees not only go faster and farther, but also do it in the right way.
In partnership with leaders across Lever, we are proving to the world that a company like Lever that truly values people can win in business — in fact, that’s exactly why we will win! If playing a key, active role in this journey sounds exciting to you, let’s chat.
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of experience of HR Business Partner experience
- You have a track record of coaching and managing a direct report (formal or informal)
- You have experience providing coaching and mentorship to senior leaders and their teams to enable team and individual development
- You have strong experience and history of building partnerships with leaders at all levels (c-level and their directs, across many business functions)
- You’re able to understand complex business needs and parameters, and solving them with creative solutions that are rooted in empathy for a diverse team
- You have a history of partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- You have deployed key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
Other fundamental skill sets we’re looking for:
- Strong working knowledge of US and Canada employment laws and best practices. Experience in the UK is a plus!
- Strong business acumen alongside an ability to connect on a human level. We’re looking for the right balance of empathy and business.
- Strong experience supporting employees across national boundaries
- Excellent attention to detail; strong written and verbal communicator
- Track record of effectively handling multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Track record of driving projects from end to end independently
- Track record of establishing trust with and influencing diverse groups of individuals
- Track record collecting and analyzing data, both qualitative and quantitative, to inform decisions
- Passion for increasing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in tech
- Passion for collaborative and creative problem-solving
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion .
Your application has been successfully submitted.