Director, HR Business Partner (HRBP)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed)
We refer to ourselves as the “ZEO Success” Partner team because our employees aka “ZEOs" are our most important asset. We partner closely with leaders across our organization to align people and strategy. We are trusted partners, coaches and influencers as we evolve and enable our teams to thrive and deliver great results.
The Director, HR Business Partner will partner with key leaders and their groups to design and execute the people strategy aligned to our unique and powerful ZEO culture as we accelerate our transformation and scale our business. You will play a key role in shaping the future of our Finance, M&A, VP of Strategy & Operations, IT and Data Science, and our GC, Legal and Workplace Resources team. This role reports into the Vice President, Global ZEO Success Partners.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Aren’t Limited To
- Partners with senior leaders to develop the talent vision and the strategic people initiatives to scale the business and align with Zuora’s strong ZEO culture
- Collaborates with senior organization leaders, Talent Acquisition and FP&A to develop and execute on the hiring plan, including workforce/succession planning, and attrition modeling
- Plans and leads organization review discussions with G&A leaders and expertly manages change initiatives including strategy, planning and communications
- Works closely with ZEO Success COE’s (Leadership & Organization Effectiveness, Employee Communications, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition) to deliver key ZEO Success programs
- Partners with other ZEO Success Partners and ZEO Success to develop, improve and implement ZEO Success programs to solve critical business challenges and retain our valued ZEOs
- Builds trusted relationships and actively coaches and develops leaders and ZEOs while solving complex organization and people issues
- Global focus in partnership with regional ZEO Success leaders and reaches across organizations and GEOs to develop relationships with key G&A leaders
Ideal candidates have 8-10+ years of progressively complex HRBP leadership experience, supporting G&A and technical functions with a complex, rapidly growing enterprise SW or SaaS company (preferred). Has demonstrated competencies, skills and achievements to deliver results as follows:
- Valued as a leader and trusted advisor with our client groups, and a team player who collaborates and partners effectively with ZEO Success colleagues.
- A global citizen and creative thinker who is strong and tenacious; a credible activist on strategic and organization decisions while leading others to execute and drive change.
- Inspirational role model in leveraging HR metrics/data to facilitate, influence and drive people and business decisions
- Effectively communicates and presents, both verbally and in writing with all levels of leaders and team members
- Breadth and depth in developing, leading and managing global strategic initiatives, e.g., transformation work, diversity and inclusion, talent reviews, feedback and coaching and social impact
- Demonstrates expert HR knowledge with an “outside in” perspective, e.g., best practices of peer companies, CEB, etc.
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.