Chief Human Resources and Equity Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana, and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health and well-being of people in our communities, and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
Responsible for the Human Resource management and Equity work of the affiliate and two ancillary organizations. Develops Human Resources and Equity strategies by working with CEO and Senior Leaders. Implements the strategies to meet organizational goals, ensure legal compliance, effectively manage costs, and create an engaged workforce.
Working in collaboration with the Strategy Team and Senior Leadership, prepares strategic plans, integrates the core values of the organization into the culture, promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and ensures lawful employment practices and positive employee relations. Leads and manages all Human Resources and Equity functions including but not limited to talent acquisition and on-boarding of employees and volunteers, HRIS and payroll, job design and compensation, benefit strategy and administration, employee and volunteer relations, union negotiations and performance management, equity plan strategy, community engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
This role can operate out of any of our six states we support: Washington, Alaska, Idaho, Kentucky, Hawaii or Indiana.
What you’ll be doing (Core Competencies and Responsibilities):
- Participates as member of affiliate's Strategy Team. Prepares strategic plans to support the affiliate’s strategic objectives, and the ancillary organization’s strategic objectives.
- Serves as a primary leader in shaping the culture in close collaboration with the Strategy Team and the Senior Management Team. Consults internally on organizational development and Equity issues.
- Updates Human Resource Equity policies as needed based on organization needs and/or legal requirements. Collaborates with legal counsel as needed.
- Consults with managers to strategically design or modify how work is organized into specific positions. Reviews all new job descriptions and job description changes to ensure compliance with employment laws and bargaining agreements.
- Plans for the recruitment, hiring, and retention of all employees. Adjust accordingly when strategies or market conditions require new approaches.
- Oversees the volunteer program and ensures effective and compliant processes and record keeping while creating and maintaining a rewarding experience for volunteers.
- Manages the engagement of other staffing sources including independent contractors and staffing agency personnel, ensuring effective staffing strategies and compliance with laws.
- Ensures that all employment practices are in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and trains and communicates with managers to ensure compliance.
- Provides HRE leadership for the affiliate's, diversity, equity, and inclusion work, ensuring recruitment, selection, and placement and training opportunities support our goal of achieving and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Leads the HRE team in providing a positive on-boarding experiences for new staff
- Deploys a performance management system that supports a culture of accountability. Assists managers in establishing performance expectations and metrics.
- Consults with and management staff regarding performance issues, and disciplinary action. Leads the HR Managers in a consistent approach of educating and supporting managers during coaching, discipline, or termination. Ensure a respectful experience for employees. Reviews and approves all terminations, involving legal counsel when appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure that all new employees are oriented to the agency and its policies.
- Trains managers in administration of HRE policies and performance management.
- Develops the strategy and leads the affiliate’s negotiation with the union, working with senior leaders and legal counsel as needed to achieve a balanced collective bargaining agreement.
- Manages labor relations activities during each contract cycle including informing the union when required and bargaining specific issues as needed. Works with the HR Managers to respond to grievances.
- Develops the overall Total Rewards philosophy. Implements the strategy and monitors the external environment and market conditions to make adjustments as needed.
- Develops and administers compensation practices, including market analysis of positions, internal equity analysis, and determination of hiring salary in consultation with hiring supervisor. Establishes and maintains pay structures which are market competitive and internally equitable to enhance recruitment and retention of employees. Facilitates discussions with managers regarding the affiliate’s compensation strategy and practical applications.
- Advises the Board Chairs and Board Executive Committees regarding their respective CEO’s compensation strategy and implementation. Works to ensure complete documentation for compliance purposes.
- Oversees payroll and ensures a timely, accurate, and compliant payroll process.
- Recommends the overall benefit strategy for approval from the Strategy Team. Negotiates group medical, dental life, disability, and other contracts. Supervises the administration of benefits.
- Monitors employee satisfaction with Total Rewards. Enhances the offerings when appropriate and communicates the value of Total Rewards.
- Oversees HRE operations, including the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and all recordkeeping requirements. Implements and maintains electronic recordkeeping where practical and works to increase efficiency and lower the cost of HR operations.
- Designs and delivers appropriate recognition programs to support the strategic plan and organization values. Assists supervisory and management staff in improving the effectiveness of employee recognition.
- Ensures that all claims for workers' compensation and unemployment insurance and are handled in compliance with laws, regulations, and human resource policies.
- Oversees diversity, equity & inclusion work for the organization ensuring a framework including goals, objectives, and strategies for alignment with mission, vision, values, and strategic direction.
- Works collaboratively with other affiliate leaders to modify, improve, and operationalize a results-oriented racial equity plan to increase collective knowledge and integrated outcomes; provides consultation to affiliate leaders to modify, improve and operationalize a results-oriented racial equity plan and makes recommendations to overcome barriers.
- Collaborates with affiliate leaders to build internal engagement and accountability measures for diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels; provides oversight for the affiliates community engagement and outreach activities related to equity and inclusion focused initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Demonstrate and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Take action to support the affiliate’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Support and act in accordance with the PPGNHAIK customer service standards.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
You’ll need to have:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of seven years’ experience in full scope human resource management, with some experience at the Director level or higher. Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction. Minimum of four years’ experience supervising staff.
Experience required in the following:
- Performing or supervising payroll. Multi-state experience preferred.
- HR operations with Human Capital Management System (HCMS) or Human Resources Information System (HRIS) optimization.
- Talent acquisition and management. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Compensation and benefits strategy and implementation. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Employee relations and disciplinary responsibilities in a union environment. Labor negotiations either as the leader or a management participant.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion strategy and implementation.
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM- CP required
Occasional travel throughout the region's six states (as necessary): Washington, Idaho, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana, and Kentucky.
Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccinations and Proof of recent Influenza Vaccine is required prior to starting employment with PPGNHAIK.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.