Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our HR business partners are the face of Nextep to our clients. They work to take our clients’ businesses from good to great and provide training and expertise on how to be an employer of choice. Our experts advise our clients on personnel issues, help them craft company policies, and provide overall HR support. If you are calm under pressure, love building relationships, and have HR experience, apply today!
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
- Serves as overall corporate account manager of assigned client base; Works with Nextep Business Consultants and Client Services team to manage all aspects of the client relationship: satisfaction, retention, pricing, etc. Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients to gain their trust and respect through continuous contact and outreach via Nextep Service Reviews.
- Provides consultation on a variety of employment-related concerns to Nextep clients such as employee discipline, performance improvement, separations, terminations, and general employee management.
- Advises clients on the development, administration, and implementation of HR-related programs, plans, and policies for their organization all while reducing liability and enhancing productivity through improved communication and effective HR practices. Maintains knowledge of local, state, and federal laws affecting human resources function and uses expertise to educate and advise clients accordingly.
- Manages Nextep HR product offerings to ensure availability of resources to meet client needs and to lessen employer liability, such as employee handbooks, recruiting, pre-employment screening, performance management, compensation/wage surveys, online training, and other HR product offerings as assigned.
- Conducts annual reviews with clients as needed/requested to ensure client retention and growth.
- Presents HR-related trainings and presentations, either in-person, telephonically, or via webinar to clients, prospective clients, and other individuals on topics such as liability management, performance management FMLA, etc. at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations (in-person and/or on phone), such as unemployment hearing, EEOC claims, and wage claims.
- Supports and promotes department goals by participating in the collection and evaluation of data, engaging in creative solutions and decision making, and upholding the mission of the department. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of department and services performed.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Resources or related Business field) from four-year college or university.
- 1-2 years of human resources-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or the Society for Human Resource Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) Certification to be obtained within one year of role designation. Maintains certification by participating in professional development sessions or seminars.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.