People & Culture Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42 year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe winning matters, our fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
The People & Culture Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager of People & Culture. This position is responsible for administering and supporting a broad scope of human resources functions for Moody Center. As a member of the People & Culture team, this position will play a vital role in supporting the development of a positive culture for a new venue and foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are not just valued but celebrated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting areas of human resources including hiring and recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compliance, and payroll.
- Help ensure Moody Center is in compliance with all OVG policies and regulations pertinent to human resources functions.
- Supervise Intern(s) on the People and Culture Team
- Works with the P&C Senior Manager to ensure sound guidance to various departments at Moody Center.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires including part-time, interns, event staff, etc.
- Coordinates activities for recruitment and hiring with the intent of achieving consistency and equity in hiring processes.
- Assist in the planning and execution of job fairs for part-time, hourly, and event staff.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the HR Department, fostering an environment that is conducive to a high-performance team, quality initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed of trends and developments in the human resources field through participation in various organizations and committees and ongoing learning.
- Participates in other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work various events to ensure onsite HR support as directed.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, and 2-4 years related experience in Human Resources Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience administering broad HR functions such as hiring and recruiting, payroll, employee engagement, compliance, onboarding, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with diverse client groups.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic best practices in human resources.
- strong working knowledge of Windows-based software applications.
- Experience in decision making that is generally governed by laws, policies, and guided by policy is preferred.
- Human Resources Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers is preferred
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.